All About Me!

Hi, my name is Ruby and I live in Victoria. In Latin, my name means ‘precious stone’ and my birthday is in June. I am in grade 5, and I live with my mum, dad and brother. Sometimes, my brother can be really annoying! I have the best cousins in the world, and the best grandparents! My dad absolutely loves chickens, and we have heaps of them. My favourite chickens are the big, fluffy ones! I named my chicken Broccoli. At my house, we also have sheep. All they do is walk around, eat, sleep and hen walk around again! This makes them really boring, but sometimes in Spring, we get lambs, and they’re so cute and soft!

My favourite food is pizza and ice cream, but I do enjoy it when my family picks up the fish and chips on a cold, wet night! I like reading books, climbing trees and doing gymnastics, and I am lucky enough to have one of my friends from school do it with me! I also like going to see movies with my friends, and swinging around on the monkey bars with them. My favourite book series is by Belinda Murrell, because her books are full of mystery and historical fiction.

At school, I have one of the best teachers in the world, and her name is Miss Hunichen. We have a 2 hour session before recess, another 2 hours before lunch, and a final 1 hour to finish the day off. I think that school is really fun! My best subject is writing and reading, and I love doing these because I am quite good at them and they interest me. At my school, we have the same teacher for the whole day, except  when we go to Art, Music or PE.

Some days, instead of going to school, I get to go to  athletics or cross country. One time, I actually got into state finals with my relay team! This year in athletics with our school, I got 1st in triple jump, 1st in high jump, and 3rd in 100 meter sprints!

Here is an autobiographical poem that explains lots of things about my life and my personality. Please take your time and have a look!

Autobiographical Poem

My name is Ruby

I am kind, friendly and happy

I have a brother called Fintan

I love gymnastics, tree climbing and ice cream

I am happy when bouncing on my trampoline, playing with my friends and eating biscuits

I give encouragement, help and love

I fear being lonely, afraid or having chicken pox

I would like to see Santa

I have a dream for the future is to go to the Olympics

My name is Ruby

If you want to write your own autobiography poem, here is a link to a structure that can help you. Thanks to this blog for the fantastic idea, and I hope yours is even better!

http://laurenhankinson.edublogs.org/meet-45h/

I hope you enjoyed reading about me!

I have also made a tagxedo cloud that explains everything about me!About Me Cloud 2

2 thoughts on “All About Me!

1. Hi Ruby,
    I loved reading this page, your poem was amazing. I too, would like to see Santa. You made me giggle when you said you named your chicken Broccoli! Keep up the great work, and I can’t wait to read your next post.
    Bec

• Hi Bec,
      It’s great to hear that you have been looking and posting on my blog! I hope you are enjoying it and finding it interesting! I have also been exploring your blog, and it is fantastic! Your online portfolio is so colourful and amazing that I couldn’t stop looking at it. I am glad you liked my poem, and I think that everyone would love to see Santa as well. I’ll make sure my next post is even better, so please post a comment on that too.
      Thanks for your most recent comment, I was delighted to read it!
      Ruby 🙂